[Python-Dev] Keeping competitive with Go (was Re: Computed Goto dispatch for Python 2)

André Freitas p.andrefreitas at gmail.com
Fri May 29 15:41:54 CEST 2015

Speaking about distribution I believe Pip is the simplest way of
distributing. I have used some freezing tools in the past such cxfreeze but
with more complex projects they start being hard to manage. Now instead of
saying people to goto an url, download and put in the path I just say: pip
install <project>

Unfortunately, this approach only works well with products built for
developers.