[Python-Dev] Computed Goto dispatch for Python 2

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun May 31 12:41:38 CEST 2015

On 31 May 2015 at 10:14, Xavier Combelle <xavier.combelle at gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1. The new embeddable Python distribution for Windows is a great step
>> forward for this. It's not single-file, but it's easy to produce a
>> single-directory self-contained application with it. I don't know if
>> there's anything equivalent for Linux/OSX - maybe it's something we
>> should look at for them as well (although the whole "static binaries"
>> concept seems to be fairly frowned on in the Unix world, from what
>> I've seen).
>>
> Just curious What is "the new embeddable Python distribution for Windows" ?

Python 3.5 ships a zipfile which contains a self-contained Python
installation, intended for embedding. The idea is that you unzip it
into your application directory, and use it from within your
application (either via the embedding API, or using the included
python.exe/pythonw.exe). It doesn't use the registry, or any global
resources, so it's independent of any installed python that might be
present.

Paul