[Python-Dev] Python 3.5.1 plans

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sun Nov 1 12:10:30 EST 2015

In a message of Sun, 01 Nov 2015 08:23:48 -0800, Steve Dower writes:
>"The initial rush of bug reports I see has not gone down.  It's been in steady increase."
>
>To clarify, I meant unique bugs. When my job is to fix them, more reports of the same bug are not important to me, especially once they've been fixed but not released.
>
>I do understand that someone has to deal with every report, new or not (for my work project, that's me), and you are appreciated for it especially since it's not your role. You should probably just have one template redirecting people to python-list though.
>
>Top-posted from my Windows Phone

sending them to python-list is not a good idea.
people get bored at the same old bugs and by now
bored python-listers will reply something sarcastic
at people with the same old bugs.

Especialy if they post there not saying what windows version
they have.

There is only so much --'be kinder, it may be the 35th time for us,
it is still that person's first bug report with the same old same old'
I can do.

The chief reason I am subscribed to python-list is so that newbies
are not greeted with such sarcasm alone.

A better experience from the download page should not wait for
Larry's other concerns.  If the new one is ready to go, and tells
XP users to get a new OS and universal-crt missers to go get one here

Put that on python.org as soon as possible.
even if you need to bump the python 3.5 numbering.
you get 3.5.1 for this, and this alone and everybody else gets to
wait for 3.5.2 and when Larry feels this is a good idea.

Laura