[Python-Dev] Benchmark results across all major Python implementations

Jim Baker jim.baker at python.org
Mon Nov 16 17:59:54 EST 2015

Brett,

Very cool, I'm glad to see that Jython's performance was competitive under
most of these benchmarks. I would also be interested in joining the
proposed mailing list.

re elementtree - I assume the benchmarking is usually done with
cElementTree. However Jython currently lacks a Java equivalent, so
importing cElementTree just uses the pure Python version. Hence the
significant performance difference of approx. 40x for etree_parse and 16x
for etree_iterparse.

- Jim