[Python-Dev] Release schedule for 3.4.4

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sun Nov 22 03:12:35 EST 2015

Sorry for the short notice of this schedule, but... here goes:

    Sat Dec 05 - tag 3.4.4rc1
    Sun Dec 06 - release 3.4.4rc1
    Sat Dec 19 - tag 3.4.4 final
    Sun Dec 20 - release 3.4.4 final

The reason for the short notice: we may have to change personnel for
this release, and we need to work around some holiday vacation schedules
too.  However, note that we have two weeks for the RC release.  Because
of the short notice, I plan to be a little more flexible about changes
between RC1 and final.  It also means we can pretty easily add a second
RC if we need to.

Unless something amazing happens, 3.4.4 will be the final release of 3.4
with binary installers.  3.4 will also move into "security fixes only"
mode at that time.

Best wishes, and again my apologies for the short notice,

//arry/