[Python-Dev] Avoiding CPython performance regressions

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Nov 30 08:52:39 EST 2015

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:02:12 -0200, Fabio Zadrozny <fabiofz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that uploading the data to SpeedTin should be pretty straightforward
> (by using https://github.com/fabioz/pyspeedtin, so, the main issue would be
> setting up o machine to run the benchmarks).

Thanks, but Zach almost has this working using codespeed (he's still
waiting on a review from infrastructure, I think).  The server was not in
fact running; a large part of what Zach did was to get that server set up.
I don't know what it would take to export the data to another consumer,
but if you want to work on that I'm guessing there would be no objection.
And I'm sure there would be no objection if you want to get involved
in maintaining the benchmark server!

There's also an Intel project posted about here recently that checks
individual benchmarks for performance regressions and posts the results
to python-checkins.

--David