[Python-Dev] Issue #25256: Add sys.debug_build?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:19:32 CEST 2015

> Whats wrong with:
>
>>>> sysconfig.get_config_var('Py_DEBUG')
> 0

Again, refer to my first message "On the Internet, I found various
recipes to check if Python is compiled is debug mode. Sadly, some of
them are not portable."

I don't think that sysconfig.get_config_var('Py_DEBUG') will work on
other Python implementations.

On Windows, there is no such file like "Makefile" used to fill
syscofig.get_config_vars() :-( sysconfig._init_non_posix() only fills
a few variables like BINDIR or INCLUDEPY, but not Py_DEBUG.

Victor