[Python-Dev] Migrating to Python 3: the python 3 install issue

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 19:03:06 EDT 2015

Fedora 23 (scheduled for the end of this month) will only come with
python3 (/usr/bin/python3), no python2 (nor python), *in the base
system*. Obviously, it will be possible to install Python 2 to install
applications not compatible with Python 3 yet.

Note: the current development version is Fedora 23, Fedora 24 is the next one.

Ubuntu is still working on a similar change.

Victor