[Python-Dev] Generated Bytecode ...

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Oct 27 00:47:36 EDT 2015

On 10/26/2015 10:36 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:
>> How about -x nopeep to specifically skip the peephole optimizer?
>
> Raymond wrote "IIRC, the code was never generated in the first place
> (before the peephole pass)."

I based that suggestion on what others said about why code was not
generated.  I think the actual situation supports my point that turning
off 'all optimizations' means reviewing the entire process of generating
code, from start to finish, to find anything that might be called an
'optimization' and that could be disabled or given a 'un-optimized'
alternative.

--
Terry Jan Reedy