[Python-Dev] Should PEP 498 specify if rf'...' is valid?

Alexander Walters tritium-list at sdamon.com
Wed Oct 28 15:05:21 EDT 2015

Have you ever used a command line application that --accepted --Boolean
--flags?   Have you ever found one that required the flags to be in
order?  You remember how much you hated that application for being so
arbitrary about the input?

That is exactly how I feel about the order mattering for string prefixes
in 2.7.  3.x got rid of that, and that is one of the few undeniably good
choices made in python 3.

for the love of all that is holy, don't un-fix that.