[Python-Dev] If you shadow a module in the standard library that IDLE depends on, bad things happen

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Thu Oct 29 16:53:06 EDT 2015

> Need I submit a bug report/feature request to get this happening?
> Very, very pleased to have mentioned it …

I took care of the bug report.

Glad you mentioned it. My personal opinion is that many of the error messages in IDLE (to say nothing of large parts of the overall user experience) are a bit of a horror show, but it’s slowly fixable! :-)  Don’t hesitate to share other snags, as the situation you’re in is what I’d like to see much better supported.

Mark