[Python-Dev] tp_finalize vs tp_del sematics

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Sep 3 23:29:16 CEST 2015

Hi Valentine,

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Valentine Sinitsyn
<valentine.sinitsyn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That does not make it ok to have del called several time, does it?
>
> That's a tricky question.

If the Python documentation now says something like ``the __del__
method is never called more than once on the same instance'' without
acknowledging this corner case, then it could be regarded as
documentation bug.  I didn't check, though.  But feel free to open an
issue and mention everything I said above, if you want to.

A bientôt,

Armin.