[Python-Dev] What's New editing

Yury Selivanov yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 20:05:52 CEST 2015

On 2015-09-05 1:27 PM, David Mertz wrote:
> I have to apologize profusely here.  Just after I offered to do this
> (and work even said it was OK in principle to do it on work time), my
> work load went through the roof.  And now it's really already later
> than most of it should have been done.  I'd still very much like to
> work on this, but I wonder if maybe someone else would like to be
> co-author since the increased workload doesn't actually seem likely to
> diminish soon.

I can recommend someone -- my colleague Elvis Pranskevichus.

Elvis is a highly experienced Python developer with deep experience in
networks programming, databases, compilers etc.  He also has very good
editing skills, and helped me to better shape PEP 492 (Rationale and
Abstract sections were written by him).

He isn't a core developer but I can review and commit his patches, as
well as assist him with other matters, like checking the NEWS file and
ensuring proper versionadded/changed tags in out documentation.  We can
spend 60-70 hours on this task.

Yury