[Python-Dev] Committing a bug fix

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Sep 28 10:13:59 CEST 2015

On 9/28/2015 2:56 AM, Martin Panter wrote:

> Also @Terry, not sure on your workflow,

Normal one specified in devguide: commit 3.4, merge 3.5, merge 3.6,
except I do it with TortoiseHG Workbench GUI.

 >  but you might have been able
> to avoid pushing your 3.4 commits. You might have been able to remove
> it locally by using “hg strip”

I need to look into that.

> or deleting your local repository.

I have 1 clone for default/3.6 and 3 shares with working directory only
for 3.5, 3.4, and 2.7.  I believe that deleting 3.4 working directory
would have no effect as it would be regenerated from default clone.

> Or just leave it locally until the other branches got sorted out.

Then I risked having to do a head merge in 2.7 or head merge + forward
merges in 3.4,5,6 is someone else pushed before I got back to this,
which I know was going to be several hours, after returning from rushing
off to work on another project.

> Notice that the 3.4 branch still has your backout commit at the top.

Your merges merged my commit and revert forward.  I could have left just
the commit, but they whoever would have had to decide what to do with
it.  I though it easier for me to just start over, which I will try now.

--
Terry Jan Reedy