[Python-Dev] VS 2010 compiler

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 30 02:31:25 CEST 2015

> I'm not sure why INADA Naoki's answer above wasn't sufficient for you?

It may be -- I've still have to test. Neither Windows nor py3 are my
primary production versions.

But the last time I tried the SDK approach was for py2.7 on Win64, and
it was both a pain, and impossible to set up to "just work" in my
highly secure environment.

So at best, it needs some serious documentation. And no, it shouldn't
be just a blog post somewhere (unless maybe Steve Dowers's blog).

Thus whole issue has been dogging python on windows for many years --
it never has been easy to find out what to do.

In fact, there are all sorts of Blog posts out there, with various
levels of out of date, conflicting, or just plain wrong advice.

A definitive version in the official docs would be a very good thing.

BTW, I think this is a good discussion:

https://github.com/cython/cython/wiki/CythonExtensionsOnWindows

But not everyone is going to think to look at the Cython Wiki...

-Chris