[Python-Dev] VS 2010 compiler

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 30 02:36:02 CEST 2015

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 9:20 AM, Steve Dower <steve.dower at python.org> wrote:
>
>> On 29Sep2015 0820, Chris Barker wrote:
>> OK -- I'm going to get off my soap box now -- time to actually suggest
>> doc patches....
>
> Just bear in mind that you're suggesting patches for Python 3.3 and 3.4, which means that 3.4.4 is the only real chance to get them onto people's machines.

I don't expect to get it onto anyone's machine -- does anyone download
docs anymore?

> http://docs.python.org/ already points to the 3.5 docs by default, which means only people who explicitly look for the earlier versions will see the changes.

Well, if your trying to build an extension for 3.4, hopefully you'll
think to look at 3.4 docs.

But good point -- the 3.5 docs should have a note saying that the
requirements are different than older releases.

> You don't really have a huge audience, so I wouldn't invest large amounts of time in the official docs. A couple of well-publicised blog posts will reach more people.

Not on my blog.....

At this point, I think the Cython Wiki us the best place to point
people, but really, less than ideal.

-CHB