[Python-Dev] Not receiving bug tracker emails

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Apr 4 17:13:15 EDT 2016

On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 at 14:05 Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> On 3/29/2016 7:30 PM, Martin Panter wrote:
> > For the last ~36 hours I have stopped receiving emails for messages
> > posted in the bug tracker. Is anyone else having this problem? Has
> > anything changed recently?
>
> My udel dot edu account is handled by google.  I am also not getting
> anything at all, not even in spam, since at least 3/31 when I was added
> to https://bugs.python.org/issue26673  I only discovered it in the
> Friday weekly New Issues report.  More emails were missing on Friday.
> The problem continues.  I just added a question to
> https://bugs.python.org/issue19944 and got nothing.

I have reached out to Upfront -- our Roundup host -- to see if the fix
proposed in http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue568 will
solve the issue to make sure this gets resolved. When I know something I
will post here.

> > I have had it set to send to my gmail.com address since the beginning.
> > At the moment the last bug message email is
> > <https://bugs.python.org/issue19959#msg262569> with “Date: Mon, 28 Mar
> > 2016 12:19:49 +0000”. I have checked spam and they are not going
> > there.
>
> Since at least last summer, Rietveld reviews have consistently gone to
> Junk.  Normal tracker emails sometimes went to Inbox, sometimes to Junk.
>   Since normal emails (but not reviews, unfortunately) are tagged in the
> subject line, I added a rule to Thunderbird to move tracker email to
> Inbox when I open Junk.  This is no longer happening at they do not even
> get to Junk.
>
> I tried changing my tracker email to verizon.net and posted a message on
> on issue where I am the only nosy person.  After half an hour, nothing.
>   I am not surprised as Verizon rarely delivers anything it considers
> junk.  I had this confirmed by a game site that said that its emails are
> deleted unless one contacts Verizon to whitelist their site.  I will see
> if I can again find the page to do that.
>
> I do get checkins and core-mentorship mail.  I have not seen anything on
> core-developers since the discussion of new commits privileges a month ago.

Do you mean python-committers? I don't know of any core-developers mailing
list. If you do mean python-committers just let me know and I will see what
address you're subscribed under.