[Python-Dev] bugs.python.org email blockage at gmail

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Apr 6 10:08:39 EDT 2016

On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 12:03:36 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> R. David Murray writes:
>
>  > again.  However, the IPV4 address has a poor reputation, and Verizon
>  > at least appears to be blocking it.  So more work is still needed.
>
> Don't take Verizon's policy as meaningful.  Tell Verizon customers to
> get another address.  That is the only solution that works for Verizon
> subscribers for very long (based on 15 years of Mailman-Users posts),
> they have never been a high-quality email provider.  Further, Verizon
> (as an email provider) is in the process of dying anyway (they are
> very much alive as the new owner of AOL), so improvements in their
> email practices have a likelihood of zero to the resolution of a C
> float.

Yes, Mark reminded me that Verizon still isn't accepting mail from
mail.python.org, despite multiple contacts from the postmaster team.
So they are pretty much a lost cause and no one should use them for email,
I think.

However, the "poor reputation" comment came from the error message
returned by gmail when it bounced the spam-bounce-reports bugs was trying
to send to Ezio.

--David