[Python-Dev] Challenge: Please break this! (a.k.a restricted mode revisited)

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:20:37 EDT 2016

> (...) you end up with either a
> completely unusable python (the python that can't run anything is
> trivially secure)

Yeah, that's the obvious question: what's the purpose of such very
limited Python subset, for example something limited to int with a few
operators (+ - * /)?

That's also why I gave up with pysandbox. It became impossible to
execute anything more complex than an hello world.

By the way, I noticed that enum.Enum and enum.EnumMeta don't work in
your sandbox.

Victor