[Python-Dev] Most 3.x buildbots are green again, please don't break them and watch them!

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Wed Apr 13 09:13:07 EDT 2016

Victor Stinner <victor.stinner <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Maybe it's time to move more 3.x buildbots to the "stable" category?
> http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=3.x.stable

+1 I think anything that is actually stable should be in that category.

> By the way, I don't understand why "AMD64 OpenIndiana 3.x" is
> considered as stable since it's failing with multiple issues since
> many months and nobody is working on these failures. I suggest to move
> this buildbot back to the unstable category.

+1 The bot was very stable and fast for some time but has been unstable
for at least a year.

> - PPC64 AIX 3.x: failing tests: test_httplib, test_httpservers,
> test_socket, test_distutils, test_asyncio, (...); random timeout
> failure in test_eintr, etc. I don't have access to AIX and I'm not
> interested to acquire an AIX license, nor to install it. I'm not sure
> that it's useful to have an AIX buildbot and no core developer have
> access to AIX, and nobody is working on AIX failures. Maybe HP wants
> to help us to support AIX? (Provide manpower, access to AIX servers,
> or something like that.)

Well, I think in this case it's the gcc AIX maintainer running it, so...

I think we should have a policy to stop reporting issues on unstable
bots unless someone has a concrete fix OR the bot maintainers are
known to fix issues fast (but that does not seem to be the case).

Stefan Krah