[Python-Dev] Pathlib enhancements - acceptable inputs and outputs for __fspath__ and os.fspath()

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Wed Apr 13 12:31:09 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> -1 on fssyspath - the "system" representation is bytes on POSIX, but
> not on Windows. Let's be explicit and go with fsbytespath().

Depends on the semantics; if we're expecting it to return
str-or-bytes, os.fssyspath() seems fine.  If only returning bytes (not
sure that ever makes sense on Windows, since I don't use Windows),
then I'd be happy with os.fsbytespath().

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein