[Python-Dev] Adding PEP 515's '_' formatting

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Fri Aug 19 04:35:33 EDT 2016

PEP 515 adds underscores to numeric literals. As part of that, it adds
optional underscores to numeric formatters (similar to PEP 378 for ',').
See https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0515/#further-changes

I had assigned myself http://bugs.python.org/issue27080 to implement
this. Unfortunately, I'm not going to have time to implement this before
3.6 Beta 1. This isn't a hugely complex project, and it doesn't require
knowledge of python internals. So someone with decent C skills should be
able to accomplish it in less than a day. I'm hoping someone can pick it
up. I can offer some pointers if needed.

Eric.