[Python-Dev] Patches to distutils for 3.6

Berker Peksağ berker.peksag at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 04:40:36 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Sylvain Corlay
<sylvain.corlay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There are a couple of related patches that were submitted to distutils a few
> months ago that I think would be great to have in before the feature freeze
> in 3.6b1
>
> A bug fix in CCompiler.has_function
>     http://bugs.python.org/issue25544

Hi Sylvain,

This doesn't look like a new feature to me so it can be committed
after feature freeze. However, the patch needs to be tested in
Windows.

> Adding a has_flag method to CCompiler
>     http://bugs.python.org/issue26689
>
>     useful to check if a compiler has certain flags available (such as
> -std=c++11)

This needs a test case and documentation update to
https://docs.python.org/3.5/distutils/apiref.html#distutils.ccompiler.CCompiler
NamedTemporaryFile might not work as expected in Windows (we have some
open issues about NamedTemporaryFile, but I'm not a Windows user.)