[Python-Dev] Supported versions of OpenSSL

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Aug 30 05:21:40 EDT 2016

On 8/29/2016 10:59 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

> By contrast (and assuming I understand the situation correctly), the
> Windows build is already set up around the assumption that you'll need
> to build OpenSSL yourself.

If one installs a minimal svn client and passes -e to Zack's wonderful
built.bat, current versions of external dependencies are automatically
downloaded and compiled with the result placed where needed.  So I did
nothing more to have OpenSSL updated to 1.0.2h last June. This is too
easy to say I 'built it myself'.

--
Terry Jan Reedy