[Python-Dev] Someons's put a "Python 2.8" on GitHub

Philipp A. flying-sheep at web.de
Sat Dec 10 08:00:30 EST 2016

Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 10. Dez. 2016 um 11:38 Uhr:

> Someone has raised an issue against the project at
> https://github.com/naftaliharris/python2.8/issues/47 We should
> probably see what the project owner's response to that is.

That would be me, hi.

I really hope this is resolved in a constructive way, without resorting to
lawyers sending cease-and-desist letters. So yeah, please let’s wait!

Also interesting what cropped up as first comment. People seem to be really
emotional about this. But no matter how the transition experience could
have been improved: 8 years are a long time to transition your stuff if you
accept the fact that a transition is necessary. Sorry for bringing this up,
that’s not the right place to discuss this.

Best, Philipp