[Python-Dev] Fwd: Removing memoryview object patch from Python 2.7

Sesha Narayanan Subbiah sesha.subbiah at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 03:14:54 EST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sesha Narayanan Subbiah <sesha.subbiah at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM
Subject: Removing memoryview object patch from Python 2.7
To: python-dev at python.org

Hello

I have some implementation that currently uses python 2.6.4, which I m
trying to upgrade to Python 2.7.6. After upgrade, I get the following error:

"expected string or Unicode object, memoryview found"

On checking further, I could find that memory view object has been back
ported to python 2.7 using this patch:

https://bugs.python.org/issue2396

I would like to know if it is safe to revert this patch alone from Python
2.7.6, or do we know if there are any other dependencies?

Thanks
Sesha