[Python-Dev] Removing memoryview object patch from Python 2.7

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Dec 14 07:03:20 EST 2016

On 14 December 2016 at 18:10, Sesha Narayanan Subbiah
<sesha.subbiah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> From http://legacy.python.org/download/, I could see that the current
> production releases are Python 3.4 and Python 2.7.6.

Nope - https://www.python.org/downloads/ - 2.7.12 and 3.5.2 are
current. The 'legacy' domain there was from a site revamp, I think its
causing confusion at this point and we should look at retiring it
completely.

> Since we use python for some our legacy applications, we don't want to
> switch to Python 3.0 right now. Moreover, since Python 2.6 is not supported
> anymore, we want to upgrade to Python 2.7.

> Do you suggest I should use Python 2.7.12 which is the latest version in 2.7
> series? I picked up 2.7.6, since it was listed as production release and
> assumed it is the most stable version.

If you can, 3.5.2 is where to switch to. If that won't work, 2.7.12 yes.

-Rob