[Python-Dev] Should I delay 3.5.3 and 3.4.6 by two weeks?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon Dec 19 00:26:18 EST 2016

Python 3.6.0 final just slipped by two weeks.  I scheduled 3.5.3 and 
3.4.6 to ship about a month after 3.6.0 did, to "let the dust settle" 
around the release.  I expect a flood of adoption of 3.6, and people 
switching will find bugs, and maybe those bugs are in 3.5 or 3.4.  So it 
just seemed sensible.

3.6 just slipped by two weeks.  So now there's less than two weeks 
between 3.6.0 final shipping and tagging the release canddiates for 
3.5.3 and 3.4.6.  This isn't as much time as I'd like.

If I had total freedom to do as I liked, I'd slip my releases by two 
weeks to match 3.6.  But there might be people planning around 3.5.3 and 
3.4.6--like Guido was waiting for 3.5.3 for something iirc.

So, if you have an opinion, please vote for one of these three options:

  * Don't slip 3.5.3. and 3.4.6.
  * Slip 3.5.3 and 3.4.6 by two weeks to match 3.6.0.
  * Slip 3.5.3 and 3.4.6 by a whole month, to give 3.6.0 the ability to
    slip again without us having to change the release.

Your faithful servant,


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/attachments/20161218/65a0cd34/attachment.html>

More information about the Python-Dev mailing list