[Python-Dev] Asking for feedback about fixing `ftplib' (issue25458)

Giampaolo Rodola' g.rodola at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 09:21:10 EST 2016

>From what I understand the problem should be fixed in urllib so that it
always closes the FTP connection. I understand this is what happens in
recent 3.x versions but not on 2.7.
As for ftplib, I don't like the solution of using a `transfer_in_progress`
flag in all commands. I see that as a cheap way to work around the fact
that the user may forget to call voidresp() and close the socket after
nt/transfercmd().
It probably makes sense to just update nt/transfercmd() doc instead and
make that clear.

--
Giampaolo - http://grodola.blogspot.com