[Python-Dev] Opcode cache in ceval loop

Yury Selivanov yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:41:24 EST 2016

Hi Victor,

On 2016-02-02 4:33 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe it's worth to write a PEP to summarize all your changes to
> optimize CPython? It would avoid to have to follow different threads
> on the mailing lists, different issues on the bug tracker, with
> external links to GitHub gists, etc. Your code changes critical parts
> of Python: code object structure and Python/ceval.c.

Not sure about that... PEPs take a LOT of time :(

Besides, all my changes are CPython specific and
can be considered as an implementation detail.

> At least, it would help to document Python internals ;-)

I can write a ceval.txt file explaining what's going on
in ceval loop, with details on the opcode cache and other
things.  I think it's even better than a PEP, to be honest.

Yury