[Python-Dev] Windows: Remove support of bytes filenames in theos module?

Steve Dower python at stevedower.id.au
Tue Feb 9 20:37:36 EST 2016

Could we perhaps redefine bytes paths on Windows as utf8 and use Unicode everywhere internally?

I really don't like the idea of not being able to use bytes in cross platform code. Unless it's become feasible to use Unicode for lossless filenames on Linux - last I heard it wasn't.

Top-posted from my Windows Phone