[Python-Dev] PEP 515: Underscores in Numeric Literals

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:53:09 EST 2016

On 10 February 2016 at 22:20, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> This came up in python-ideas, and has met mostly positive comments,
> although the exact syntax rules are up for discussion.

+1 on the PEP. Is there any value in allowing underscores in strings
passed to the Decimal constructor as well? The same sorts of
justifications would seem to apply. It's perfectly arguable that the
change for Decimal would be so rarely used as to not be worth it,
though, so I don't mind either way in practice.

Paul