[Python-Dev] RE 25939 - _ssl.enum_certificates broken on Windows

Dave Hirschfeld dave.hirschfeld at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:26:29 EST 2016

I've run into issue 25939 (https://bugs.python.org/issue25939) when trying
to deploy a python webapp with IIS on Windows. This issue is preventing us
from deploying the app to production as the workaround AFAICT requires
running the app under an admin account.

Apologies if this is an inappropriate forum for a +1 but I just wanted to
let the devs know that this is an issue which affects the use of Python
(on Windows) in the enterprise. I noticed that the patch hasn't been
merged yet so was interested in making sure it didn't fall by the
wayside...

As a mere user I don't expect the devs to prioritize my own problems which
no doubt only affect a very small number of python users but I would be
very grateful if the patch did make it into a minor release.

Regards,
Dave