[Python-Dev] Regular expression bytecode

Jonathan Goble jcgoble3 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 14:36:51 EST 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Simon Cross
<hodgestar+pythondev at gmail.com> wrote:
> This might be tricky for alternative Python implementations which
> might compile regular expressions into something rather different.

As has been discussed on python-ideas, it would be explicitly treated
as a CPython implementation detail, so that wouldn't be an issue.

That said, I've decided to shelve the idea for the time being, at
least, as I've had some things come up unexpectedly, and I no longer
have time to pursue this.