[Python-Dev] Branches in which to fix the SSL tests

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 07:45:39 EST 2016

On 8 January 2016 at 05:38, Ned Deily <nad at python.org> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2016, at 12:04, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 01/06/2016 10:06 PM, Martin Panter wrote:
>>>
>>> According to Larry
>>> <https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2015-December/142566.html>,
>>> 3.4.4 was the last bug fix release for 3.4, so I assumed the 3.4
>>> branch should now be in security-fixes-only mode.
>>
>> Would it be possible to have a (clear and up to date) table like
>> http://docs.openstack.org/releases/ in the Developer Guide? List of
>> Python versions with their status (end of life, security supported,
>> current stable release, under development).
>
> Yes, it's a good idea.  It's on my to-do list.

PHP's support status page is one of the nicest examples of this I've
seen (someone mentioned it last time this question came up):
http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Like a lot of things though, "yes, that's a good idea" is easy, having
it actually get to the top of someone's todo list is a different
question :)

Cheers,
Nick.