[Python-Dev] Update PEP 7 to require curly braces in C

Maciej Szulik soltysh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 06:42:44 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:

> On 01/17/2016 11:10 AM, Brett Cannon wrote:
>
> Anyone object if I update PEP 7 to remove the optionality of curly braces
> in PEP 7?
>

> I'm -1.  I don't like being forced to add the curly braces when the code
> is perfectly clear without them.  If this was a frequent problem then I'd
> put up with it, but I can't recall ever making this particular mistake
> myself or seeing it in CPython source.  It seems to me like a fix for a
> problem we don't have.

I'm +1. We don't have that problem yet and the idea Brett brought up is for
future changes that will happen.
We'll be soon moving to github, which should simplify the process of
submitting PRs from other developers
interested in making our beautiful language even more awesome. I'm quite
positive that with current review
process that kind of bug should not happen, but you never know. Having this
as a requirement is rather to
minimize the risk of potentially having such bugs. I've switched to this
style myself good couple years ago
and I find it very readable atm.

Maciej

*/arry*