[Python-Dev] Code formatter bot

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 20 13:09:31 EST 2016

Andrew Barnert via Python-Dev <python-dev at python.org> writes:

> […] it can be helpful to have both suggested editor plugins that do
> the auto formatting on the dev's computer, and VCS-triggered checkers
> that ensure the formatting was correct.

Right, I was not intending the different stages to be exclusive. I was
seeking clarification from the OP on the intended stages proposed to be
automated.

It's also worth noting that neither of the above approaches you mention
would qualify IMO to be termed a “bot”, since they still leave it to the
human operator to deal with formatting violations before the edits
reach the VCS.

But that's another clarification I'm seeking from the OP: what “bot” is
being proposed?

--
 \      “Nothing is more sacred than the facts.” —Sam Harris, _The End |
  `\                                                   of Faith_, 2004 |