[Python-Dev] Buildbot timing out - test suite failure - test_socket issue with UDP6?

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 01:39:07 EST 2016

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, this looks odd:
>
> make buildbottest TESTOPTS= TESTPYTHONOPTS= TESTTIMEOUT=3600
>  in dir /root/buildarea/3.x.angelico-debian-amd64/build (timeout 3900 secs)
>
> The parameter says 3600 (which corresponds to the error message at the
> end), but it echoes back that the timeout is 3900 seconds.

I'm no help on the main issue, but to explain the timeout difference:
TESTTIMEOUT is a makefile variable that sets the faulthandler timeout
that tries to make Python bail out with a stack trace instead of
letting buildbot kill Python silently.  The 3900 second timeout is
buildbot's "there's been no output in this long, assume it's hung and
kill it" timeout.  The difference between the two is to give
faulthandler a chance to do its thing.

--
Zach