[Python-Dev] Buildbot timing out - test suite failure - test_socket issue with UDP6?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 09:55:58 EST 2016

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Victor Stinner
<victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3600 seconds is the maximum duration of a single test file. We may reduce it
> since a single test file should not take longer than 30 min. Maybe we can do
> better and put the timeout on a single test function.

I'd be inclined to put some strong timeouts on test_socket.py (at some
level or other of granularity). Most of those tests should be finished
in a fraction of a second; a few might take a few seconds, maybe. None
should take a whole minute. But they might easily sit around that
long.

But I'd rather know what I messed up in my recreation of the VM's configs.

ChrisA