[Python-Dev] FAT Python (lack of) performance

Andrew Barnert abarnert at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 17:50:31 EST 2016

On Jan 25, 2016, at 14:46, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can design an AST optimizer to compile some functions to C and
> then register them as specialized code at runtime. I have a side
> project to use Cython and/or pythran to specialize some functions
> using type annotation on parameters.

That last part is exactly what I was thinking of. One way in which cythonizing your code isn't 100% compatible is that if you, say, shadow or replace int or range, the cython code is now wrong. Which is exactly the kind of thing FAT can guard against. Which is very cool. Glad to see you already thought of that before me. :)