[Python-Dev] FAT Python (lack of) performance

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 04:39:52 EST 2016

On 28 January 2016 at 18:30, INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please stop.
>
> I'm sorry about messing up this thread.

Not your fault at all! This is just a particular bugbear of mine,
since software architecture design (including appropriate programming
language selection) is an even more poorly understood discipline than
software development in general :)

> I just wanted to represent why I'm very interested in Victor's efforts.

And thanks for posting that, as it is indeed cool that the
optimisation efforts currently being discussed may result in
performance improvements on some of the simplified micro-benchmarks
popular in programming language shootouts.

There's no way you could have anticipated the subsequent tangential
discussion on motives for contributing to open source projects, and
the impact that has on what we can reasonably expect from fellow
contributors.

Cheers,
Nick.