[Python-Dev] BDFL ruling request: should we block forever waiting for high-quality random bits?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Jun 10 12:23:17 EDT 2016

I somehow feel compelled to clarify that (perhaps unlike Larry) my concern
is not the strict rules of backwards compatibility (if that was the case I
would have objected to changing this in 3.5.2).

I just don't like the potentially blocking behavior, and experts' opinions
seem to widely vary on how insecure the fallback bits really are, how
likely you are to find yourself in that situation, and how probable an
exploit would be.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)