[Python-Dev] BDFL ruling request: should we block forever waiting for high-quality random bits?

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Fri Jun 10 14:29:01 EDT 2016

This is fairly academic, since I do not anticipate needing to do this
myself, but I have a specific question.  I'll assume that Python 3.5.2 will
Linux.  Moreover, I understand that the case where the insecure bits might
be returned are limited to Python scripts that run on system initialization
on Linux.

If I *were* someone who needed to write a Linux system initialization
script using Python 3.5.2, what would the code look like.  I think for this
use case, requiring something with a little bit of "code smell" is fine,
but I kinda hope it exists at all.