[Python-Dev] C99

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Sun Jun 12 10:06:43 EDT 2016

I am using IBM xlc aka vac - version 11.

afaik it will deal with c99 features (by default I set it to behave that
way because a common 'issue' is C++ style comments, when they should not
be that style (fyi: not seen that in Python).

IMHO: GCC is not just a compiler - it brings with it a whole set of
infrastructure requirements (aka run-time environment, rte). Certainly
not an issue for GNU environments, but non-gnu (e.g., posix) will/may
have continual side-effects from "competing" rte.. At least that was my
experience when I was using gcc rather than xlc.