[Python-Dev] PEP 468

Franklin? Lee leewangzhong+python at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:35:00 EDT 2016

I am. I was just wondering if there was an in-progress effort I should be
looking at, because I am interested in extensions to it.

P.S.: If anyone is missing the relevance, Raymond Hettinger's compact dicts
are inherently ordered until a delitem happens.[1] That could be "good
enough" for many purposes, including kwargs and class definition. If
CPython implements efficient compact dicts, it would be easier to propose
order-preserving (or initially-order-preserving) dicts in some places in
the standard.

[1] Whether delitem preserves order depends on whether you want to allow
gaps in your compact entry table. PyPy implemented compact dicts and
chose(?) to make dicts ordered.