[Python-Dev] BDFL ruling request: should we block forever waiting for high-quality random bits?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Jun 16 14:38:19 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 10:26:22AM -0700, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> meta-guidance. However, there are multiple levels of improvement being
> pursued here, since developer ignorance of security concerns and
> problematic defaults at the language level is a chronic problem rather
> than an acute one (and one that affects all languages, not just
> Python).

For a while Christian Heimes has speculated on Twitter about writing a
Secure Programming HOWTO.  At the last language summit in Montreal, I
told him I'd be happy to do the actual writing and editing if given a
detailed outline.  (I miss not having an ongoing writing project since
ceasing to write the "What's New", but have no ideas for anything to
write about.)

That offer is still open, if Christian or someone else wants to
produce an outline.

--amk