[Python-Dev] BDFL ruling request: should we block forever waiting for high-quality random bits?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jun 16 16:09:40 EDT 2016

On Jun 16, 2016, at 01:01 PM, David Mertz wrote:

>It seems to me that backporting 'secrets' and putting it on Warehouse would
>be a lot more productive than complaining about 3.5.2 reverting to (almost)
>the behavior of 2.3-3.4.

Very wise suggestion indeed.  We have all kinds of stdlib modules backported
and released as third party packages.  Why not secrets too?  If such were on
PyPI, I'd happily package it up for the Debian ecosystem.  Problem solved
<wink>.

But I'm *really* going to try to disengage from this discussion until Nick's
PEP is posted.

Cheers,
-Barry