[Python-Dev] PEP 487: Simpler customization of class creation

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Jun 26 18:25:53 EDT 2016

 > One of the big issues that makes library authors reluctant to use
metaclasses
> (even when they would be appropriate) is the risk of metaclass conflicts.

Really? I've written and reviewed a lot of metaclasses and this has never
worried me. The problem is limited to multiple inheritance, right? I worry
a lot about MI being imposed on classes that weren't written with MI in
mind, but I've never particularly worried about the special case of
metaclasses.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)