[Python-Dev] [Webmaster] Python installation problem

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Mar 12 14:46:33 EST 2016

Hi Sumit,

We get a lot of these inquiries. Yes, you can generally assume that Python
will be available for the current versions of Linux, Windows and MacOS
because the developers generally use those platforms for development work.
It is certainly fine on Windows 10, so you should have no problems. You
might find
https://www.londonappdeveloper.com/setting-up-your-windows-10-system-for-python-development-pydev-eclipse-python/
helpful in setting up your environment.

I have forwarded this query to the developers list, as I noticed that the
Windows releases page (https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/) tells the
reader a lot about what's available for Windows but doesn't mention which
versions of Windows are supported. I won't guarantee the developers will
have time to reply, but at least they know that this would be useful
information.

Thanks for your interest in Python. Clicking the links for the latest
downloads on the home page of python.org is the traditional way to get
started. Good luck!

regards
 Steve

Steve Holden