[Python-Dev] Scandir module seeking new maintainer

Ben Hoyt benhoyt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:55:12 EDT 2016

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but seeing I was fairly
active here when developing scandir and getting it into Python 3.5, so I
thought I'd start here.

I'm the author and current maintainer of the scandir
<https://pypi.python.org/pypi/scandir> module (Python 3.5's os.scandir but
for Python 2.x and 3.x before 3.5). But I've taken on a few new
non-programming projects and found I don't have time for the little
improvements and fixes that are now in CPython's os.scandir and should be
backported into the PyPI module.

So I'm looking for someone who wants to take over the maintenance of the
scandir PyPI module. It wouldn't be much work, as there are only a couple
of fairly small issues to fix. Or it might be a good way to start for
someone who wants to contribute to a small but useful open source module in
the Python ecosystem.

Any takers, or suggestions for where I could look further for a maintainer?

Thanks,
Ben